Mill Road cemetery (then known as Mill Road cemetery No.2) was made during the spring of 1917 when the German withdrawal to the Hindenburg Line allowed the battlefield of 1916 to be cleared. At the Armistice it contained 260 burials, but was then enlarged when graves were brought in from the battlefields of Beaumont-Hamel and Thiepval and other smaller cemeteries.
There are now 1304 Commonwealth servicemen buried or commemorated in the cemetery, of which 815 are unidentified. There are special memorials to three casualties believed to be buried amongst them, and three others buried in Divon Road Cemetery No.1, whose graves were destroyed by shell fire - this was one of the small cemeteries which was concentrated at Mill Road during the post-Armistice expansion.
The cemetery was designed by Sir Herbert Baker.
GPS Co-ordinates: Latitude: 50.06119 Longitude: 2.68315