Fricourt village was captured by the 17th Division on 2 July 1916 but the southern part of the commune, in which the old cemetery is situated, was already in Allied hands.
Point 110 Old Military Cemetery was begun by French troops in February 1915 and continued by the 1st Dorsets and other Commonwealth units from August 1915 to September 1916. The cemetery was named from the contour on the map; before September 1916 it was called King George's Hill. The old cemetery is 230 metres north of the new.
The French graves were later removed to the French national cemetery at Albert.
Point 110 Old Military Cemetery: Latitude: 49.98626 Longitude: 2.71927 The cemetery contains 100 Commonwealth burials, 97 identified.
Point 110 New Military Cemetery: Latitude: 49.98424 Longitude: 2.71924 The cemetery contains 64 Commonwealth burials, all identified.